Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

My Product Review: Nasoya Pasta Zero

I was asked to swap out my favorite traditional pasta dish and replace it with Nasoya Pasta Zero and review my experience!

So here it is, The Good, The Bad, AND The UGLY!!


First to purchase at a store, I would need to drive nearly 20 miles to the nearest grocer that carries this product. Honestly, they would have to be really, REALLY good.  Not many things are. As with most Vegan "health foods", they are a little more expensive. A single package runs around $2.50 and serves about 2 people. 


The product that was sent to be reviewed by me arrived through the US Postal Service, which I found unusual because I thought this needed to be kept refrigerated. I have seen coupons that stated that they they be kept in the dairy or meat section. 


The noodles are kept in a bag with liquid, which was much different from the regular pasta that I purchase. I suppose this is to keep them moist, as they are already "cooked".


I instantly noticed a fishy smell, which to be honest almost made me throw it away. I learned that the smell is from Konjac plant root, which is used to make the noodles. 


As directed, I thoroughly rinsed off and placed the noodles in a skillet to dry them (5-10 minutes). This process was much faster than waiting for the water to boil and cook the noodles. 


I made Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce. I cooked as directed on the package and added meat and sauce. We were very disappointed as the noodles were slimy and gagged you as you ate. The noodles were nothing like Spaghetti noodles.  Perhaps this wold be better as a a stir fry, but I did not try that.  (We ordered pizza instead.)  


My overall opinion?  Although healthy, Nasoya Pasta Zero Shirataki Noodles are not something that my family will be purchasing in the future. 



I received Nasoya Pasta Zero Shirataki Noodles free to review and test. All opinions stated are my own honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment